Zumba combines Latin dancing with high-energy exercises that will improve your health and fitness and your dancing skills.
Zumba is a sport that requires high flexibility; those who suffer from knee pain, if they still want to immerse themselves in fiery Zumba dance, need good Zumba dancing shoes, especially shock resistance.
In this artist, we will recommend for you the top 5 Expert’s choice best Zumba shoes for bad knees to protect yourself during training progress.
Top 5 Best Zumba Shoes For Bad Knee Review 2021
#1. JOOMRA Women’s Minimalist Running Shoes | Wide Toe Box
JOOMRA Women’s Minimalist Trail Running Barefoot Shoes may not be born exclusively for Zumba, but it provides features suitable for your Zumba shoes if you have a problem with knees.
- Rubber outsoles offer the optimal balance of traction and durability, with a responsive feel on unpredictable terrain. Circular lug patterns provide grip during movement. Helps you avoid unintended incidents such as slipping while practicing Zumba
- Removable insoles support the feet’s arches and not cause too much pressure and transfer weight over the ball of the feet.
- Thicker topline wrapped perfectly around feet, which make shoes not fall off during exercise
- Have incredible stability. The sole is well gripped. They are breathable and they are not heavy.
Our rating: 9/10. It is suitable for the wide toe.
#2. Bloch Boost Women’s DRT Dance Mesh Shoes
Next, Bloch Boost Women’s DRT’s Dance Mesh Shoes is the second choice for someone with bad knees.
- Have a structure with the raised heel elevated 1 ¼ for comfort and built-in arch support, along with the supportive front lacing system. This is an important feature to keep in mind when looking to buy Zumba to protect your knees during Zumba training.
- The shoes are constructed from a suede and mesh fabric which is breathable and durable, along with great looking.
- The lining also includes wicking abilities which will keep sweat and moisture away from your feet.
- The split rubber sole makes it easy to stop any forward slide, while also giving you balance and traction along with a spin spot for 360-degree pivots and turns.
- The midsole is air-cushioned for comfort and can absorb impact shocks up to 4PSI. To help keep you gracefully turning and pivoting with the dance rhythms, the shoes also include a front turning design.
Our rating: 8.5/10. Great arch support for you!
#3. Zumba Air Classic High Top Dance Shoes for Women
These Zumba high-top sneakers for women provide energizing cushioning air technology for high-impact protection. It is suitable to protect your knees during training in Zumba.
- These Zumba shoes have breathable material for freedom and a comfy feeling. This Zumba shoes’ insole is replaceable with any shoe sole inserts.
- These Zumba high tops for women have a sturdy PU outsole, high-quality non-slip rubber material providing great traction and grip to avoid slip and fall while you practice Zumba.
- These women’s workout dancing sneakers for women have Z-Slide technology to allow easy pivot on surfaces perfectly for Zumba workout.
- The Zumba shoes for women are versatile and can be worn as workout shoes, walking shoes, gym shoes for women, dance shoes for women, or casual athletic wear women.
- However, this is too heavy and expensive, it makes you feel uncomfortable during training you could consider before deciding to buy it.
Our rating: 8.5/10. Great traction and grip. Perfect for Zumba workout!
#4. ASICS Women’s GEL-190 TR Cross-Training Shoe
The ASICS GEL-190 TR Cross-Training Shoe is designed for women in search of a simple, supportive solution to provide excellent cushioning and support during training.
- These sneakers are extra wide, so they fit perfect women, who have wide feet.
- They feature a Rearfoot Gel Cushioning System, which attenuates shock. Also, a Trusstic System Technology improves arch support and a DuoMax Support System enhances stability.
- They are durable and protective due to a leather upper, so you can wear them in any weather.
- A rubber outsole for traction and flexibility, lace-up closure for a good fit to create comfort and safety during training.
Our rating: 8/10. Good fit and flexibility.
#5. Strong Fly Fit Workout Shoes for Women
Strong Fly Fit Workout Shoes for Women dance footwear is specifically made to improve your Zumba workout experience.
- These shoes are very lightweight and comfortable to wear. The slip on system is very convenient as it makes it easier to put them in and off before and after your workouts.
- These shoes feel sturdy and supportive and will work very well for your Zumba classes. Helps you feel supported and snug throughout your workouts.
- The great mobility around the ankle, allowing a natural range of motion, which will let you enjoy your Zumba classes to the fullest.
- These shoes are true to size, so you shouldn’t experience any problems ordering the right size.
- However, because of their shape, these low-cut sneakers don’t provide great ankle support, which can be a problem if you have any foot condition.
Our rating: 8/10. Very lightweight and comfortable to wear.
All about Zumba
Zumba is a great exercise fitness program created by Colombian dancer and choreographer Alberto “Beto” Pérez during the 1990s and is now taking the world by storm.
Zumba is a fitness program that combines Latin and International music with unique dance moves that allow the Zumba participants to dance away their worries. It is based on the “FUN AND EASY TO DO” exercise principle that allows Zumba participants to stick with Zumba Fitness and achieve long-term health benefits. Zumba is a “feel happy” exercise that is very good for both body and mind.
Zumba utilizes the principles of interval and resistance training to maximize caloric output, fat burning, and total body toning. Zumba routines incorporate interval training — alternating fast and slow rhythms — to help tone and sculpt the body, improve cardiovascular fitness.
This form of exercise is fun and well worth the workout and if you wanna find exercise to lose weight, Zumba is the best choice. Give it a try when you have an opportunity!
7 Reasons Zumba is a great fitness program
#1. It’s fun and makes you happy:
Zumba helps to release endorphins and neurotransmitters which trigger positive feelings throughout the body. Many people say that they are so happy to dance that they forget that they are actually exercising
#2. Reduces Stress:
Studies show that exercise is very effective at reducing fatigue, improving alertness and concentration, and enhancing overall cognitive function. The release of endorphins and neurotransmitters during practicing Zumba that can improve mood and eliminate stress hormones in the body to help you de-stress. Turning your attention to dancing, and staying away from your busy daily routines, is a great way to reduce stress.
#3. Great for weight loss and Boosts your heart health:
This extremely fun workout incorporates a lot of routines that will improve your cardiovascular system, which is extremely helpful in your fight to lose that unwanted weight. Also, the average person will burn around 600 to 1000 calories in a Zumba class.
#4. Tones your entire body:
Zumba targets lots of different muscle groups at once for total body toning.
Because in a Zumba class, you have to move your body to the rhythm of the music, your muscles will be engaged to perform some specific moves like squats and twists, thus allowing you to do toned entire body without even realizing it.
#5. Improves coordination:
In Zumba, your arms and legs often move in different directions, so requiring smooth coordination. Repeated practice improves coordination and makes you feel more comfortable when moving your body.
Maybe this doesn’t seem so important to you right now, but you will appreciate it once you get older and you won’t suffer from the consequences of poor coordination.
#6. Promotes Endurance:
The Zumba class uses relatively fast-paced music combined with high-energy movement that can help build endurance after just a few training sessions.
Zumba’s standard one-hour classes help your body get used to continuous exercise and energy expenditure, which can make the workout easier, more enjoyable, and burn more calories.
#7. Boosts Confidence:
Zumba classrooms often have an informal and fun setting that can make you feel more comfortable with your body. Help improve your dance moves, your physical health, and boost your confidence.
In addition, you also can make more friends when participating in Zumba class with someone who has the same hobbies.
The structure of the knee
The knee is a complex structure and one of the most stressed joints in the body. It is the largest joint, vital for movement, and vulnerable to injury.
The knee is a hinge joint that is responsible for weight-bearing and movement. It consists of bones, meniscus, ligaments, and tendons.
- Support the body in an upright position without the need for muscles to work
- Helps to lower and raise the body
- Provides stability
- Acts as a shock absorber
- Allows twisting of the leg
- Makes walking more efficient
- Helps propel the body forward
What makes the knee joint more susceptible to injury?
Knees are most often injured during sports activities, exercising, or as a result of a fall. Pain and swelling, difficulty with weight-bearing, and instability are the most common symptoms experienced with a knee injury.
#1. Sprains and strains
The complex anatomy of the knee is easily injured. Sprains and strains are injuries to the ligaments. The ACL and MCL are the ligaments most often injured.
These injuries usually happen in sports such as soccer, football, and basketball where the knee might experience a sudden twisting motion, a rapid change in direction, or an incorrect landing from a jump.
Often a pop or snap is heard followed by swelling. Symptoms also include tenderness along the joint line and pain with walking.
#2. Meniscus tear
A meniscal tear generally happens during sports where the knee twists, pivots, or an individual is tackled.
Even normal wear from aging can weaken the meniscus, causing it to tear with a simple awkward turn during normal day-to-day activities. Symptoms of a tear are usually pain, stiffness, swelling, locking, and decreased range of motion.
A fracture is most often caused by trauma, such as falls, motor vehicle accidents, and sports-related contact. The most common bone broken around the knee is the patella (kneecap).
The most common overuse injury is “runner’s knee,” a loose term that refers to several disorders, including patellofemoral pain syndrome (PFPS). These painful conditions are common among athletes such as runners and cyclists.
Pain is experienced behind or around the kneecap and can travel to the thigh or shin. The pain worsens with activity and is relieved by rest.
To avoid knee injuries that can be encountered while exercising Zumba. You need to find yourself a pair of training shoes that best support your knee.
The required features of a good Zumba shoe for a bad knee
First of all, a good Zumba shoe should be comfortable, lightweight, breathable, durable, and fit well. However, people with bad knees need to pay special attention to the following features to choose a better Zumba shoe:
Need to provide support and a pillow for your body, specialized support features to protect your ankles and knees
Help reduce the force applied to your knees, allowing for natural and flexible movement.
#3. Arch support:
The types of arch support you want for your cross-training shoes. To bring comfort and flexibility during Zumba workouts
#4. Classification Of Shoe Soles:
Zumba has many side moves and some quick steps to match the exciting music. Shoe soles can be easily moved on the surface you will jump, but not allow too clinging. This factor is why you have to choose suitable shoes with the floor surface of the Zumba class.
#5. The Main Turning Point:
This is an essential feature of dance shoes for Zumba that you cannot ignore. It is a point on the midsole, usually circular, that allows you to spin freely. If your shoes do not have this feature, you will likely get too much grip and make your boots sticky when twisting and possibly causing your ankle to twitch.
3 Benefit of good Zumba shoes for the bad knee
Having good Zumba shoes is essential for you if you want to practice Zumba. It helps you get the best efficiency of your workout and also avoid injury.
Here are 3 reasons why you should have the right Zumba shoe:
#1. Supporting your best training:
The right Zumba Dance Shoe will make it easy to follow the routine of your instructor. You can also make the most of the exercises you can.
#2. Support anytime, anywhere:
Good grip from the soles of your shoes will help you maintain balance and won’t lose your foot. Regular stops turn, and turns will be much more comfortable with a good pair of shoes.
#3. Injury reduction:
A Zumba exercise is usually an excellent physical exercise with lots of revolutions, squats, lunges, etc. Without a good grip, you will quickly lose your foot and slip. So having suitable Zumba shoes help you to avoid potentially serious injuries with the right footsteps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Of course, you can but you need to find the shoes that have the features that have to respond to Zumba’s requirements in that they need the ability for a spin and lateral movements that are part of Zumba.
It is difficult to answer because the durability of the shoe depends on two factors: How often you wear those Zumba shoes and what kind of flooring. In general, Zumba shoes can last for one year. Consider replacing a pair of shoes if the padding and spikes show signs of wear.
Zumba classes involve quite more moves than any regular exercise. You simply cannot keep up with strain on your feet for long barefoot. So the ideal way to do it would be to use suitable Zumba shoes to support you.
You can find quality Zumba shoes at the sports shoe store or in online stores like Amazon. Amazon has almost every Zumba shoe available and allows you to get the exact type of shoe for your needs.
Of course, Getting the right footwear for Zumba will give you maximum comfort and support while preventing you from suffering any physical injuries. Having the wrong shoes will definitely put you at a disadvantage when doing Zumba exercises, so you have to pay extra attention to the kind of shoes you wear.
I hope this guide was helpful for finding the best Zumba shoes for bad knee to fit your needs. Have fun and enjoy your workout!
See More Another Best Zumba Shoes Products
Zumba dance, originated from Latin-America, has taken over the world by storm. It consists of many dynamic body movements, mainly our feet. Adidas is probably
Zumba is a great remedy for your body and spirit. With the combination of many energetic movements, Zumba requires the rhythmic coordination of all muscle
Zumba dancing is a great and fun way to stay in shape. Researchers have also shown that you can lose between 300 and 900 calories